We are excited to join with The Housing Authority of the County of Santa Barbara (HASBARCO) in building 15 affordable rental units (including one manager unit) in Lompoc, CA. The Cypress & 7th Apartments will provide housing for qualified special needs/unhoused individuals and families. The project aims to enhance the livability of the community and aligns with the Abbott | Reed ethos of build better.
The roughly 10,500-square-foot, two- and three-story structure will feature:
- approximately 700-square-foot one-bedroom units.
- a community center with a community room, laundry center, covered patio, BBQ, bike parking, enclosed trash and mailbox area.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPED) elements including – a gate and perimeter fencing, fob access, surveillance, lighting to the trash enclosure and specialized landscaping.
The project is being developed in accordance with the GreenPoint Rated Program, which will include solar panels and energy efficient windows, awnings and overhangs.
Cypress & 7th contributors include:
- RRM Design Group – design
- Ashley & Vance Engineering – civil and structural engineering
- Brummel Mechanical Engineering – mechanical, electrical and plumbing
Groundbreaking occurred in April 2023 with completion planned for May 2024.